Built in 1590 on the remnants of an old fortified castle destroyed during the Battle of Arques, the Miromesnil castle is the testimony of four centuries of architectural history. The simple lines of the Henry IV style south façade contrast with the decorative abundance of the Louis XIII imposing north facade.
Despite the succession of numerous landlords, the castle has kept its decorative aspects from the past centuries such as wooden panels from the 17th and 18th century, wrought ironwork and crown mouldings from the 19th century. The furniture (sofas, chest of drawers, wardrobes) portrays life in the castle in the 18th century.
On the ground floor of one of the towers, a small room has been revamped to a 19th century style lounge, to remind visitors of the presence of the Maupassant family between 1849 and 1853.